The MITRE Corporation Senior Computer Network Defense Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance) in Springfield, Virginia
Senior Computer Network Defense Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance)
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do.
MITRE has an exciting opportunity in the cyber domain where you will serve as a cyber-security subject matter expert to senior leaders in the Intelligence Community (IC).
Contribute to solving Computer Network Defense (CND) and security problems of national significance. The work involves defending against the Advanced Persistent Threat and solving cyber challenges through operations, data-driven analytics, and R&D.
- Experience with CND technologies used in the IC, DoD, and commercial domains (including NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, SIEMs, etc.)
- Experience working in virtualized and cloud environments
- Strong interest in cyber-security problems and the Advanced Persistent Threat, covering both operations and research
- Strong problem-solving and data analytic skills, including hands-on work in big data analytics
- Previous success applying hands-on and prototype solutions to cyber problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and interact effectively with sponsors.
- Understanding of, and experience in, the Intelligence and DoD cyber security communities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with government acquisition and system engineering processes
- Ability to translate computer network defense capability needs into system engineering artifacts (e.g. formal requirements, architecture views, engineering review board packages)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in technical leadership or managerial role in cyber-security operations center.
Minimum Qualifications: Current Security , Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent certification. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or similar field and 3 years related experience.
Job Cyber Security
Primary Location United States-Virginia-Springfield
This requisition requires a clearance of Polygraph
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Jun 11, 2018, 8:25:36 AM
Req ID: 00050422