The MITRE Corporation Intelligence Analysis and Operations Systems Engineer in Shiloh, Illinois
Intelligence Analysis and Operations Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will:
- play a critical role in helping the government to improve or expand its current capabilities. They plan, analyze, and design systems and interactions between systems. They also help to establish or streamline processes that allow the Sponsor to consistently meet its mission.
- analyze transportation mission processes and supporting information technology (IT) in the context of emerging concepts of operations (CONOPS), mission requirements, lifecycle costs, interoperability considerations and other command needs to determine opportunities for improved system support to operations.
- work across Intelligence Community, USTRANSCOM Components, commercial partners and other supporting agencies to identify key systems and engineering gaps and effectively deliver executable and timely recommendations and capabilities.
- work across and directly impact multiple intelligence functional areas.
- perform systems engineering analyses to identify functional and non-functional requirements, interfaces, environmental factors, transition strategies, cost and risk considerations, and other issues pursuant to new/replacement capabilities.
- develop supporting artifacts such as requirements specifications, top-level system designs, interface specifications, technical roadmaps/strategies, risk mitigation approaches, transition strategies, acquisition approaches, etc. in support of system/program goals.
- work with key stakeholders and senior decision makers in a highly dynamic environment to refine and improve solutions leading to rapidly fielded operational capabilities.
- apply a variety of analytical techniques to solve customer challenges to include data mining, statistical models, predictive analytics, optimization, risk analysis, and data visualization.
- build and test prototypes in MITRE or USG labs to demonstrate proofs-of-concept for data analysis capabilities and approaches.
- assist in independent review and verification of contractor proposed architectures, methods, and designs. - perform hands-on design, development, test and evaluation, and demonstration of advanced prototype software applications.
-Analyze current processes and make recommendations to automate intelligence cycle activities in accordance with USTRANSCOM J2 intelligence production responsibilities.
The selected candidate should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field
- an active TS/SCI
- demonstrated technical leadership experience
- strong technical documentation and presentation skills
- proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative, teaming environment.
- ability to solve problems through research.
- experience working with OSD, national-level intelligence agency(ies), DoDIIS, COCOM, Service intelligence requirements and working with analyst communities to develop requirements and architectures.
- technical depth in a specific technical domain (e.g. software engineering, network operations, enterprise systems development) or mission domain (e.g. defense or commercial transportation, air mobility, air operations)
- a demonstrated history working away from a robust MITRE support network, ability to build and reach back into MITRE corporate expertise, effectively lead and participate in cross function teams, and a high level of self-sufficiency is also desirable.
The selected candidate may have:
- Master’s or PhD in computer science, software systems engineering, or a related technical field
- 5 or more years of experience in software systems engineering or a related field
- Experience with enterprise systems planning, architectures, development, and deployment
Job Systems Engineering
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Shiloh
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting Jun 25, 2018, 8:02:53 PM
Req ID: 00049761