The MITRE Corporation PACOM Joint Cyber Center CONOPS Task Lead - 00040137 in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
PACOM Joint Cyber Center CONOPS Task Lead - 00040137
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Position: Part Time Task Lead for USPACOM Joint Cyber Center Concept of Operations (JCC CONOPS). The task lead provides on-site support to USPACOM J6 in Hawaii to define, refine, and analyze key defensive and offensive cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), which are codified in the USPACOM JCC CONOPS. These TTPs are used to coordinate defensive and offensive cyber activities between theater, regional, and global stakeholders. The JCC CONOPS touches multiple disciplines and functional communities beyond cyber mission forces, including but not limited to: mission assurance; industrial control systems; communications; command and control; DoD information networks; and intelligence. The task lead must be able to interact with these multiple communities, understand and synthesize touch points, and work with remote MITRE process engineers to develop and document related TTPs.
System and Mission engineering including command and control communication requirements, processes, risk analysis, cyber analysis, and communications integration in support of unique combatant command missions.
Identify and document defensive and offensive cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures used by USPACOM and related theater, regional, and global stakeholders
Thought and task leadership on complex defensive and offensive cyber operations
Integrator across USPACOM and Components, multiple organizations and functional communities (J2, J3, J6), and interface with MITRE engineers and operators who are working defensive and offensive cyber activities external to the Joint Staff / Combatant Command Portfolio
Develop concepts, TTPs, and CONOPS that align with joint doctrine, theater environment and cyber operator needs
Develop input to plans, exercises and experiments
Conversant in joint doctrine, plans, and have a strong communications and cyber background.
Be able to direct the work of a larger team of experienced MITRE process engineers.
- 1. Experience working with Combatant Commands and Components
- 2. Familiarity with Combatant Command, Joint, Intelligence community, and Operational planning.
- 3. Familiarity with joint command and control
- 4. Strong knowledge of cyber, communications
- 5. Familiarity with joint exercises and experimentation
- 6. Familiarity with joint doctrine and plans
- 7. Systems engineering experience to include requirements, architecture, risk analysis, and CONOPS development
- 8. Strong interpersonal skills to develop trusted relationships and integrate with operational users.
- 9. Strong written and verbal communications skills
- 1. Experience working with MITRE and USPACOM
- 2. Experience working in joint environment
- 3. 10 years of cyberspace operations / communications / network architecture and engineering, and technical evaluation of DoD systems, architectures, and capabilities
- 4. Knowledge of the capabilities of MITRE’s various centers and division
- 5. Strong leadership and technical management
- 6. Experience supporting joint exercises and experiments
- 7. Familiarity with JFHQ-DODIN and CO-IPE constructs
- 8. Process engineering experience
- 9. TS/SCI
BS and 8 years related experience.
Job Systems Engineering
Primary Location United States-Hawaii-Pearl Harbor
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret/SCI
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Mar 21, 2018, 12:44:30 PM
Req ID: 00049798