The MITRE Corporation Portfolio Manager - IRS / Treasury in McLean, Virginia
Portfolio Manager - IRS / Treasury
MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
The IRS Service and Enforcement Portfolio Manager (PM) is directly accountable to the Center for Financial and Economic Transformation (CFET) Portfolio Director for establishing and maintaining trusted relationships with senior sponsors in IRS Service and Enforcement Organizations, and also in Taxpayer Advocate, Research, and other non-IT support organizations, furthering the CFET Portfolio & Sponsor Strategic outcomes within and across this critical sponsor base.
The PM will also be responsible for developing and executing a business strategy, leading and contributing to an integrated portfolio customer engagement strategy with the portfolio and program leadership team, working with Department Managers/Project/Task Leaders to shape the current work program to maximize impact and value, respond to RFP's, and secure funding.
The PM will also partner closely with the CFET Program Division and Department Leadership as they shape the workforce, staff and successfully execute the work programs. In addition, the PM will collaborate across MITRE to capitalize on high value customer or work program intersections that could be mutually beneficial.
Your key functions will include:
- Sponsor engagement and managing sponsor relationships (new and existing) with the goal of serving as a trusted advisor
- Lead and/or promulgate Treasury, IRS and CFET strategic outcomes within and across the sponsor base
- Shape the work program to maximize value and impact
- Secure funding and understand business status across the projects in the portfolio
- Collaborate with the CFET program Division and Department Leadership to execute portfolio area program reviews and participate in Strengthening the Core (STC) assessments
- Develop and execute a portfolio business strategy identifying, cultivating and capitalizing on strategic opportunities, to include partnering with other portfolios
- Partner with the CFET Program Division and other Divisions as they build and shape the workforce, staff and execute the work programs, and ensure technical quality
- Work with Department Managers, Project and Task Leaders on all the above and provide feedback for PL/TL's to their respective DM per CLEAR Conversations.
- Collaborate with other Portfolios, Program Divisions and Tech Centers to identify and capitalize on opportunities to increase our collective value and impact for our sponsors
- Aggressively look for new and innovative solutions to meet the sponsors most critical needs taking full advantage of the MITRE Innovation Program.
- Provide understanding of the sponsor, our MITRE work efforts and Political, Operational, Economic and Technical (POET) environment and problem spaces to the MITRE leadership, business partners and MIP Innovation Leads.
This position is not open to teleworking and will require travel to sponsor locations in the DC, Atlanta and other IRS locations
- Required Qualifications:
- Applicable Bachelor's degree and 15 years of documented success as a trusted advisor to senior Federal customers.
- Executive experience in the federal government, specific to IRS/Treasury.
- Strong understanding of the Political, Operational, Economic and Technical (POET) environment of the IRS.
- Relevant domain and technical expertise.
- Proven experience with bringing the corporation to bear
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trusted sponsor relationships
- Strategic thinking, business acumen, and ability to turn strategy into action
- Strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead others without needing direct chain of command
- Willingness to lean forward and take risks in order to create, cultivate or seize opportunities
- Ability to relinquish control and work as part of a shared leadership team
Master's degree or MBA
Job Domain Specialization
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Suitability - IRS
Travel Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Posting Aug 8, 2018, 12:25:36 PM
Req ID: 00050903