The MITRE Corporation Lead Systems Engineer (Polygraph Clearance) in McLean, Virginia
Lead Systems Engineer (Polygraph Clearance)
MITRE's Enabling Technologies Department seeks a passionate and experienced systems engineer to support various large and complex programs for the Intelligence Community (IC). This work will be performed at the Sponsor site in the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA). Provide systems engineering oversight through all phases of unique and challenging technical programs.
Assist the sponsor with the following systems engineering functions:
- Defining expectations for new and evolving capabilities
through requirements analysis and the development of
Concept of Operations. Help define the scope of the
necessary technical trades to evaluate new capabilities.
- Perform independent assessments of selected
contractor technologies and systems to meet the
sponsor’s unique needs. Provide objective advice on
establishing more effective interfaces across systems.
- Support feasibility and readiness assessments for key
milestones including project kick-off, design reviews, test
events and system deployment.
- Review technical aspects of program plans, acquisition
plans, acquisition strategy and associated
documentation to help achieve sponsor’s implementation
- Identify opportunities to leverage MITRE research and
technology that supports sponsor outcomes.
- Document findings in writing and be able to
present/defend findings to senior Sponsor and MITRE
- This position will be primarily located at Sponsor site in
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following
technical domains: electrical engineering, software
engineering, network engineering, security engineering,
signal processing, and/or communications systems.
- Experience and/or background in the
- Capable of providing objective assessments, strategic
planning and data analysis.
- Ability to interact with the Sponsor staff to effectively
facilitate systems engineering and influence decision
- Guide sponsor through changing and evolving
environments using a disciplined systems engineering
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
consisting of MITRE, industry and government members;
- Technical writing, presentation and good customer
- A proven track record of leadership, teamwork,
collaboration and teambuilding skills with the ability to
perform in a dynamic environment.
- Candidate should be capable of dealing with a wide
range of staff and management across MITRE, sponsor,
and development organizations.
- Prior experience leading engineering teams throughout
the development and implementation process of
- Deep technical understanding of Layers 1 – 4 of the
Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) stack.
- Prior experience as an individual contributor or lead in
research projects for an R&D organization.
Minimum Qualifications: BS degree, Polygraph clearance, and 8 years' related experience.
Job Systems Engineering
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret/SCI/Polygraph
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Jun 11, 2018, 11:29:11 AM
Req ID: 00050432