The MITRE Corporation Lead Network Security Research Engineer 30104BR in McLean, Virginia
Lead Network Security Research Engineer 30104BR
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE’s Communications Network Engineering and Analysis Department, T861, which is part of MITRE’s Infrastructure and Networking Technical Center, seeks a hands-on engineer to perform design, analysis, experimentation and proof-of-concept development of secure and high-availability networks for various U.S. government initiatives. You will work with a team of highly skilled engineers on a variety of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your technical expertise, hands-on skills, and thought leadership in Network Security to solve our customers' most complex problems.
- Provide network engineering leadership and support, to the DOD, IC and other government sponsors, with a primary focus on securing the network infrastructure.
- Interact with customers in analyzing operational requirements and then applying sound technology solutions based on a systems engineering process
- Communicate the results through well-written reports and briefings.
- Assist in development and execution of networking R&D for internal or sponsor-funded opportunities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology and/or equivalent technical discipline.
- Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and the ability to perform experiments in the lab to support network research, design, and analysis.
- Understanding of network security technologies including Intrusion Detection, Firewalls, DMZ, VPNs, SIEM, and common network level vulnerabilities.
- Strong written, verbal, briefing, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
Job SW Eng, Comp Sci & Mathematics
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Jan 10, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID: 30104BR