The MITRE Corporation Cyber Security, Staff_System Security Engineering in McLean, Virginia
Cyber Security, Staff_System Security Engineering
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Join MITRE’s Aviation Communications Engineering Department in our newly formed Transportation Transformation Technology Center. We are an engineering team focusing on Transportation System Communications and Cybersecurity to define and develop resilient communications that will enable a safer worldwide transportation system.
We are seeking an entry level candidate to work under the guidance of our group and task leaders to help:
- Assess transportation network and cybersecurity problems and determine appropriate mitigation options in consideration of the transportation eco-system
- Design, implement and configure cybersecurity technology (hardware and software) and develop procedural solutions.
- Test and summarize technology and procedural solutions
- Develop and present briefings and reports describing the results of the work.
- BS in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of computer and telecommunication networking concepts and protocols (LAN, WAN, Cloud, TCP/IP, Web Protocols)
- Knowledge of network security fundamentals (e.g. Network Access, Cloud Security, Public Key Infrastructure, Identity Access Management)
- COTS hardware and software configuration
- Proficiency in MS Office software (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in multi-discipline teams to solve complex technical problems
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 5 years of experience in cybersecurity and network research and engineering.
- Hands-on knowledge of cyber security protocol development and analysis.
- Understanding of communications systems deployed and operated by the FAA
- Knowledge communications standards and technology trends for other modes of transportation.
Job Cyber Security
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Suitability - FAA
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting May 31, 2018, 7:02:00 AM
Req ID: 00050301