The MITRE Corporation Administrative Assistant in McLean, Virginia
As a member of MITRE's Center for Financial and Economic Transformation (CFET), you will provide support to the senior Portfolio and Program Leadership as well as other staff in the CFET portfolio and program.
You will be part of an administrative team that will work closely together to seamlessly support the MITRE CFET leadership team. You must be collaborative, proactive, self-motivated and willing to learn new things as well as be proficient in office automation tools (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint). This position requires attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, excellent written and oral communications and strong problem-solving skills.
- Prepares internal and external briefings that may be highly visible, sensitive and/or confidential
- Develop relationships with external administrative staff for our CFET Sponsors to enable collaboration, meeting set-up and data exchange
- Manage the Directors' calendars, scheduling both external and internal meetings
- Drafts, writes, edits and proofreads materials for proposals, reports, and briefs as directed
- Plans, schedules, organizes and execute meetings (reserving facilities, arranging catering, handling meeting logistics e.g. Lync/VTC)
- Coordinates hiring activities with division and HR partners (track HR forms, interviews, hiring status, etc.)
- Arranges department travel, preparing employee expense vouchers (LTVs)
- Updates and maintains a department SharePoint site, developing ways to increase its usefulness and relevance to the department
- Responds to routine questions, routing calls to appropriate staff and/or relaying messages, ordering supplies and tracking usages levels, distributing mail
Strong candidates will have a notable sense of composure with a demonstrated ability to adapt priorities at a moment's notice.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and tact
- Ability to apply common sense and good judgment in prioritizing competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact and communicate with all levels of the organization as well as our sponsors
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and follow-through on a broad range of administrative duties and to work effectively in a team environment
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft applications
Minimum Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years of experience or the equivalent in job-relevant work experience
Job Office/Site Administration
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Secret
Job Posting Mar 6, 2018, 8:56:07 AM
Req ID: 00049611