The MITRE Corporation Lead SIGINT Systems Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Lead SIGINT Systems Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph)
The Enterprise Systems Engineering and Exploitation Department is seeking an experienced SIGINT Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in selecting, evaluating, testing, and integrating commercial and military equipment to enable ground and airborne collection missions. The candidate should have domain experience in SIGINT systems including an understanding of collection opportunities and challenges, commercial and military use of RF, and Size, Weight, and Power trade-offs. Responsibilities include conducting field experiments, evaluating Commercial Off-the-Shelf equipment to assess its suitability for integration, designing and performing tests, and evaluating overall system effectiveness.
- Key Functions:
Work closely with operators, engineers, and leadership to help guide the acquisition, integration, test, and deployment of new SIGINT capabilities. Provide thought leadership to the sponsor, and will work to develop into the role of a trusted advisor.
- Familiarity with typical SIGINT front end components, including antennas, receivers, demodulators, amplifiers, and recorders.
- Experience in the use of RF test equipment including spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power meters, and oscilloscopes.
- Experience in the test and evaluation of commercial systems.
- Ability to rapidly develop and apply understanding of technologies in the SIGINT domain in which the candidate is not familiar.
- Ability to work effectively with highly-skilled, non-degreed specialists to maximize the blending of field experience and the application of formal engineering methods to effectively deliver solutions.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to advocate from an impartial unbiased technical viewpoint, possibly
- Self starter, innovative, clever, strong presence.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of theory, development, and test of antennas, transmitters, receivers, modulators, amplifiers, filters, mixer, IF stage. - Familiarity with vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, and frequency synthesizer.
Minimum Requirements: BS Degree, TS/SCI with Polygraph, and 8 years' related experience.
Job Electrical Engineering
Primary Location United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret/SCI/Polygraph
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting May 28, 2018, 11:00:00 PM
Req ID: 00049790