The MITRE Corporation Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer - Annapolis Junction, MD in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer - Annapolis Junction, MD
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Join MITRE's Secure Enterprise Operations and Services department (P613) and apply advanced approaches and technologies to solve critical technical and mission challenges for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Work with senior government officials in partnership with technical expertise across MITRE to provide strategic direction and leadership in the selection, engineering, integration, implementation and operation of computing infrastructure technologies.
Candidate will be part of the technical team with expertise in two or more of the following technologies: Infrastructure Applications, Cloud Computing, Data Center Design and Operations, Enterprise Cybersecurity Services and related technologies as applied to DoD Initiatives, Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management; or relevant subsets of these.
1. Infrastructure Applications, IaaS, PaaS, Cloud Computing (including virtualization, platform migration, server consolidation, utility computing, grid computing, VPN, wireless and mobile computing platforms, SAN/NAS, messaging, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, identity & privilege management and authentication)
2. DISA Data Center Design and Operations (including servers, storage, workstations, voice and data networks, firewalls)
3. DISA Enterprise Cybersecurity Services and related technologies, including JRSS, IAP, CAP, SCCA, HBSS, BDP, and SIEM tools.
3. Infrastructure and Data Center Operations (including enterprise systems management processes and tools, security architectures & tools-, directory services, capacity management, performance tuning, service management, data center planning & consolidation, configuration management and asset management server & storage configuration)
4. IT Service Management: IT Service Delivery, ITIL Service Management Framework including:
Service design, Service-level management, Availability management, Capacity management, IT service continuity management,
Information security management system, Service transition, Change management, Service asset and configuration management, Release and deployment management,
Service operation, Service desk, Application management, IT operations management,
Technical management, Event management, Incident management, Request fulfillment, Problem management, Identity management/access and identity management.
Bachelor of Science in IT or directly related/subset discipline
8 years of hands-on technical experience in at least two of the following areas: Infrastructure Applications, Cloud Computing, Data Center Design and Operations, Enterprise Cybersecurity Services and related technologies as applied to DoD Initiatives, Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management; or relevant subsets of these.
Must have systems engineering experience.
Possess ability to convey concepts to customers with clarity, both verbally and in writing.
Familiarity with business processes for implementing IT projects for the DoD is essential.
Proven abilities to code and to see the value of addressing IT concepts based on this knowledge, is essential.
Experience with proposing information architectures and related concepts to support integration of future business processes and technologies within existing network environments.
Candidate must have an active DoD secret clearance.
- Experience with the DISA sponsor preferred.
- BS and 8 years related experience.
Job SW Eng, Comp Sci & Mathematics
Primary Location United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
This requisition requires a clearance of Secret
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Mar 1, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID: 00048266