The MITRE Corporation Lead Policy Compliance Analyst (Data Analytics/Counterterrorism) 30022BR in McLean, Virginia
Lead Policy Compliance Analyst (Data Analytics/Counterterrorism) 30022BR
The MITRE Corporation is seeking a highly motivated intelligence professional to work policy related actions focused on information and data compliance. The ideal candidate will be able to execute and coordinate work activities across the organizational boundaries of legal, policy, IT and information and data sharing/safeguarding working groups.
Key Functions: The successful applicant will have experience in the Intelligence Community, data compliance, policy, understanding of IT systems relating to data compliance and safeguards.
- Monitor data use, retention, and dissemination to ensure compliance with data use agreements, legal authorities and internal policies.
- Redesign compliance strategy and develop transparency initiatives to balance needs for big data efforts with concerns for privacy, civil rights and civil liberties.
- Work with senior levels of government to conduct periodic reviews of past compliance incidents in order to validate the completion of remediation measures and to evaluate the effectiveness of those remediation measures.
- Draft compliance assessments for all confirmed compliance incidents; coordinate those incidents across stakeholders, and with the internal IT, legal, and civil liberties and protection offices as needed.
- Work with policy, legal, civil liberties and policy working groups to determine if enhanced safeguards are recommended for a myriad of data.
- Conduct an annual review of existing datasets to determine if retention if needed.
- Work closely with policy office on all matters that may impact compliance and/or compliance related activities.
- Review MOUs for compliance.
- Alert policy office of any deficiencies as a result of a compliance incident.
- Collaborate with metrics, policy, legal and civil liberties offices to review and update processes on a routine basis.
- Conduct all auditing of enhanced safeguards.
- Conduct semi-annual training for senior government leaders.
- Draft annual reports on data use, retention and compliance.
- Compile quarterly compliance metrics and draft quarterly compliance report.
-Knowledge of data science or data analytics
-Knowledge of counterterrorism data sets and handling procedures
Demonstrated Experience working counterterrorism issues in the IC or DoD
BS and 8 years related experience.
Job Systems Engineering
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret/SCI/Polygraph
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting Aug 22, 2017, 11:48:42 AM
Req ID: 30022BR